Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Letters sent home from the Phillippines

Elder Nielsen

Elder Nielsen

Monday, May 1, 2017

Coming Down the Home Stretch


We had another great week last week. Our proselyting efforts were alternated last week between Minuyan 1 and Minyuan 2 areas due to Elder Richard's departure and absence. Nonetheless, we were able to visit most of the individuals and families we are focusing on and working with. But it was a lot of fun! And we got a lot of work done! 

 Summer time is now in full swing and many of our progressing investigators went home to their province to vacation and visit relatives. Consequently, we only had a few investigators that were able attend church on Sunday. However, we plan to continue to find and teach new investigators so that we consistently have a large number of investigators at church. 

Last week, I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Faulkner. Elder Faulkner is a very witty young man. Teaching Doctrine is not a problem for him, he has a good understanding and knowledge of the Standard Works and Preach My Gospel. He is also an advanced Tagalog speaker. Though he has not yet reached his sixth month mark, he can already speak and teach effectively in Tagalog. One thing I believe Elder Faulkner could improve is his BRT or building relationship trust with members and investigators. He sometimes struggles relating and talking to people about things other than the Gospel, which is understandable, due to the fact that he is still limited in what he can say in Tagalog. Overall, he is an intelligent and skilled missionary with a bright future.

The SJ North zone is doing well! Mostly all the missionaries in this zone worked effectively the last week of the transfer. At the close of this transfer cycle, we are proud of the work that the missionaries exhibited last transfer. There were many new investigators found and a decent amount of baptisms in SJ North last transfer. 

And my last companion/one-that-will-kill-me is.... Elder Sacay!! He is a Filipino. I honestly do not know him very well..He is a new zone leader,  but I heard he is super nice. SO I am excited! 

My focus for the next few weeks is to 'soak it all in.' This my last transfer and last month in the Philippines. I want to enjoy every second that I am here and not take anything for granted. I want to enjoy and eat all the Filipino food that I can before I go home! The time goes by way to fast!

I almost forgot! MOTHER'S DAY CALL. So I can call anytime between May13-May 15. Anytime works for me. If I call on May 15 it might not be until 10ish in the morning our time. So around 6ish pm in America.. I think.. haha. Discuss as a family about what works best and then just let me know :) 

Love you all!! Have a great week!

Mahal ko kayo! 
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment